With the graphic novels already having amassed a huge number of fans, the Heartstopper show on Netflix is THE craze at the moment. Maintaining my identity as a reader-before-watcher, I dutifully read the comics just after the teaser was released. And now I’m reprimanding myself for not reading them sooner because the cuteness overload!! Dessert in book form tbh.
Not that the show was any less adorable, no sir. I shall forever be in debt to the person who made all the casting choices because each actor seemed born to play their role (i was reduced to a puddle in the ground whenever Joe Locke smiled, it’s just- it’s a Charlie smile all right).
Soo let’s move on to my more detailed thoughts while watching the show, documented live in my notes app. *bows with flourish*
- the casting is so perfect oh my lord
- i have a colourful variety of names i’d like to call ben
- not me drawing scene parallels from the comics
- dude no why would you go to the library
- charlie ignoring the autofill and typing the same thing anyway is just so charlie
- “older sister magic”
- aww “charlie situation”
- would wishing that I had a friend circle like this be a step too far from my current non existent one?
- Charlie’s room is GOALS
- the almost hand holding thing gets me every time
- oh my lord its the first kiss *dies*
- oh my lord it’s the second kiss *resurrects*
- sooo we’re back to the super cute hi *raises eyebrows suggestively*
- like she said, “gay people can be good at sports”
- ok wow this game is intense
- NOBODY gets to hurt charlie that’s the rule
- oh nick you can never just say no can you?
- ok but the question is why didnt i know about tao’s exquisite dancing skills??
- i know most people hate imogen for some reason but i mostly just feel sorry for her
- ha exactly what I’ve been saying. thank you, charlie’s mom.
- oof yeah that pinballing night, i remember
- tao nick face off!!
- aaand he’s told tara and darcy!!
- idk why but tara and darcy are like 100 times cooler to me onscreen than in the comics, and they were already pretty cool in the comics soo
- i’m pretty sure sipping has become a personality trait for tori at this point
- ohmygod nick charlie tara darcy texting parallels!!
- the way tao and elle suddenly became so much more interested in their milkshakes—
- tori’s deadpan “called it”…she’s my idol
- punching harry in the face must be so satisfying
- omg tao’s a leftie like me! so true of us
- aw did tao literally have to cry and break my heart like that
- charlie and tao making up might just be the best thing that has happened to me today
- oh don’t mind the noise its just me yelling BEACH BEACH BEACH
- i wish i could yell truths at the universe like nick
- nick’s coming out scene shall forever be embedded in my heart (the part that is not already occupied by all the heartstopper adorableness)
With that we’re done and waiting on Season 2! With Netflix’s previous record, I’ll be surprised if all the seasons get released in my lifetime so there’s that,,, but no harm staying optimistic, is there?
Have you seen the Heartstopper show yet? Have you read the graphic novels?? Which are your favourite scenes??