January has been a whirlwind of a month! I had school examinations right from the beginning of the month till 15th, then had another really important examination on 26th (I know! Who keeps exams on Republic Day?) so the entire month seemed to pass by pretty quickly.
It was also a pretty good month on terms of reading, but not so much in blogging. I feel like I kinda neglected my blog a little, and just enjoyed reading other’s posts instead of writing my own. I also posted very infrequently and with long gaps, and now at the end of the month, suddenly three posts pop up on three consecutive days. (Atleast that’s how I have planned this post, are you reading this on the 31st, or after?) So sorry about that, I hope to be a little more consistent from now onwards.
I read 5 books (plus 1 comic, but I don’t count comics in my book count) this month, and a total of 2391 pages which is a quite a lot more than what I read last month. The books I read were (in order) –
Tin by Padraig Kenny [MY REVIEW]
Unlocked by Shannon Messenger [My Rating – 4.5 stars]
The Red Scrolls Of Magic by Cassandra Clare [MY REVIEW]
The Reader by Traci Chee [My Rating – 3.5 stars]
Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo [Review to come soon!]
Among Us Readathon Wrap-Up
I took part in this Among-Us themed readathon as a Cyan Crewmate, and to win I had to complete all my tasks, which I did!
- Swipe Card – Read a standalone (Tin by Padraig Kenny)
- Alien Engine Output 1 – A comic (Tinkle Digest)
- Alien Engine Output 2 – A book with greater than 500 pages (Unlocked by Shannon Messenger)
- Upload Data 1 – LGBTQ+ Rep (The Red Scrolls Of Magic)
- Upload Data 2 – A Recommendation (The Reader by Traci Chee)
- Fuel Engine 1 – Most recent purchase (Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo)
1200 (for required tasks) + 100 (for bonus task) = 1300 pts in total.
To successfully complete my first term at the Explorer’s Academy, I had to complete atleast 5 classes for this readathon.
- Human History – A book set in a country outside my own (The Red Scrolls Of Magic)
- Technology – A sci-fi or a book with focus on some kind of tech (Tin)
- The many Peoples Of The Universe – A diverse read (Tinkle comic)
- Magics Of The Universe – A fantasy (The Reader)
- Survival Skills – A book over 500 pages (Unlocked)
- Basic Combat – A book that includes a battle or a fight (Six Of Crows)
Favourite posts from around the blogosphere
As I said, this month I read lots of posts by fellow bloggers. Here are the links to some posts by other bloggers that I enjoyed reading-
- Laura @The Corner Of Laura gave 6 reasons why we should be ‘late to the party’ with new book releases!
- Katie @Never Not Reading tells us How a YA Fantasy is written, in a very interesting way!
- Cherelle @A Bolt Out Of The Book did her first ever blog tour!
- Nehal @Books And Words gives 11 reasons why all of us are good enough!
- Sean @Bookbloggingbooks did a post on Incredible books that will blow our minds!
With that, my post is all done! Thank you for staying put and reading my post to the end (I am assuming you did😂).
How did you spend your January? Did you read some great books? Comment below!