Goodbye, November! Though I have to say, you’ve had your fair share of reading, blogging and a million other things done by me.
As many of you already know, I took part in Believathon in November, completed my planned TBR, and managed to read two other books! Of the total of 7 books that I read, the 5 that were part of my TBR have their mini-reviews over HERE. The mini reviews of the other two are going to be covered in today’s post.
I am happy to say that this was a a month with a lot more reading done than last month, click here to view last month’s stats.
- Books read – 7
- Pages read – 3300 (approx)
That was almost a 1000 pages more than last month so yay for that.
For those who had not seen my previous post about the books I read, here are the names.
- Legacy by Shannon Messenger
- Frostheart by Jamie Littler
- School for Good And Evil by Soman Chainani
- Nevermoor : The Trials Of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
- The Haunting Of Aveline Jones by Phil Hickes
- Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend
- The Crooked Sixpence by Jennifer Bell
Since I finished my planned TBR, I collected all the 13 clues for Believathon, plus I collected the Footprints and the Crown one extra time each, ’cause I read two extra books. Overall, I had a lot of fun with this readathon. Chatting with hundreds of middle grade lovers made me realize the vastness of the genre, and I discovered many more middle grades which I’ll be reading soon.
Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend
I had really liked Nevermoor, so I decided to read this next. This is the second book in the Nevermoor series, and continues the tale of Morrigan Crow after she passes the Trials and officially becomes a member of the Wundrous Society.
Like is the case with many other series, I couldn’t really decide whether to love or hate Morrigan at certain points in the book. But the one thing I disliked was how Jupiter was not part of the major part of the story. I feel like including him in all the revelations and betrayals and everything would have made the book interesting. Still, I give this book 5 stars, and am looking forward to reading Hollowpox.
The Crooked Sixpence by Jennifer Bell
This was the November book of the month of a kind-of book club called MGMonthly. Since I had a couple of days of November left, and this was a middle grade and could count for Believathon, I thought, why not?
The synopsis of this book didn’t quite interest me, to be honest. Who includes a toilet brush in the synopsis? This was precisely why I hadn’t added this to my TBR for the month. But quite a lot of people were praising this, so I decided to give it a try. And to be fair, the story was actually much better then the synopsis. But I kinda felt I had encountered a similar storyline of magical objects doing amazing things many times in the past, so this gets 4 stars.
November has been my busiest blogging month so far, and I wrote…11 posts! That is a lot, by my standards atleast. I also discovered many new bloggers on WordPress, and made a lot of blogger friends too. Here are links to some blogs that I love –
Tiction @Fictionally Crazy
Cherelle @A Bolt Out Of The Book
Evin @A Curly Sue’s Ramblings
Nehal @Books And Words
And there are many many more, but I am just too lazy to link them all, so sorry guys!
So this month is actually quite special for me in terms of blogging, because –
- I did my first ever award post (Sunshine Blogger Award)
- I did my first ever tag (Lost in Translation)
- I made my own weekly tag – Character Chat !!(Do have a look at it HERE)
November was also special for some other bloggers I know –
- Cherelle and Ashmita started a book club! You can read about it it here and here. So do join this book club because…well, both of them are really sweet and awesome bloggers and they deserve your encouragement. (Sorry Cherelle and Ashmita, I know I haven’t joined your book club myself, but book clubs in general are not my kind of thing. Sorry!)
- Evin gave her blog a wintery themed redesign! Click Here to see it
- Riddhi @ Whispering Stories crossed 200 followers and then 250 followers, both in November!
That was all I had for this post. Do go and check out all the blogs I left links to and give them a follow, and of course, do also visit my Character Chat post, because it is the first ever tag I’ve made, and your support would be appreciated.
How was your November? What have you planned for December? Let me know in the comments!!