Welcome to the duel of the year: Rachel versus the merciless blogging slump! They’re trading blows pretty quick– wait Rachel seems to be tiring now and blogging slump is getting an upper hand… oof a MONTH without a single post?? That’s GOT to hurt. Rachel is down i repeat Rachel is down. And with that, my lovely audience, this duel comes to a tragic en– HOLD THE PHONE SHE IS GETTING BACK UP oh my gosh it’s HAPPENING. Swaying dangerously, Rachel is BACK in the fight. I’d still not pin my hopes on her though, she looks like she may tip over any moment.
not that this book needs any introduction but-
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
Aging and reclusive Hollywood movie icon Evelyn Hugo is finally ready to tell the truth about her glamorous and scandalous life. But when she chooses unknown magazine reporter Monique Grant for the job, no one is more astounded than Monique herself. Why her? Why now?
Monique is not exactly on top of the world. Her husband has left her, and her professional life is going nowhere. Regardless of why Evelyn has selected her to write her biography, Monique is determined to use this opportunity to jumpstart her career.
Summoned to Evelyn’s luxurious apartment, Monique listens in fascination as the actress tells her story. From making her way to Los Angeles in the 1950s to her decision to leave show business in the ‘80s, and, of course, the seven husbands along the way, Evelyn unspools a tale of ruthless ambition, unexpected friendship, and a great forbidden love. Monique begins to feel a very real connection to the legendary star, but as Evelyn’s story near its conclusion, it becomes clear that her life intersects with Monique’s own in tragic and irreversible ways.
- wow the story picked up quickly
- not me drawing parallels between avery grambs and monique
- waiting for the day when lady luck shines on ME
- huh evelyn changes husbands conveniently
- ok lets add an almost wife to the count
- oh to have a friend like harry
- theory: monique is evelyn’s daughter. but i sincerely hope for the book’s sake that its more interesting than that
- oof KILL her? what did she do??
- no at this point im only reading for baby connor
- EXCUSE ME you DON’T fall for that again
- husband who doesn’t really “love” her? yeah same old same old
- uh oh
- UH OH
- ok whens the big twist coming??
- let’s replace almost wife with wife
- i might have reached the aforementioned Big Twist™ but i’m still hoping there’s more to it
- yeah no there isn’t
- hah petition to make the coffee table a character as well
- hm i saw where this was going already and its not even something to brag about
- wait did i read the same book as everyone else? the one every living thing under the earth gave 5 stars? i think my kindle is glitching-
So how have all of you been in the time I pulled the disappearing trick? Any other hugely disappointing books I should stay away from?? Let’s chat in the comments!